Some will wonder why I’m answering someone else’s questions. Well, Boss Man Diggame (Of Ashy 2 Classy) came up with these questions to make us think. Personally, I always wanted to answer rhetorical inquiries. Plus, I can entertain you all. So, in my eyes, this situation was a win win.
Peep my answers and be prepared to learn, laugh, and languish in my foolishness.
1. Since some states have petitioned to secede from the U.S. Can we trade out Mississippi and Alabama for Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands?
Of course we should. Since my heart is in Alabama, I would want to switch up another state for it. How about we give away Montana instead of Bama?
2. Is there any hope for side chicks/dudes after General Petraeus being caught up?
Only if you are a Waka Flaka Flame fan.
3. Is it NOT ironic that the Cowboy boys are playing the Redskins on Thanksgiving?
Historical coincidences are always fun, whether they are fake or not.
4. Why you gotta be going out like this Chamique Holdsclaw?
It could have been worst. She could have pulled a Rae Carruth. In more harmful events, she could have went out like Rosalind Ross (R.I.P.).
5. Why do people still get caught into the consumer frenzy that is called Black Friday?
Besides the fact that we are sheep of consumerism? Good question. I don’t know if there is a better answer, though. Sometimes, I wonder if they realized the truth about Black Friday sales.
6. Who else is happy that this Twilight Series is finally over?
I thought the series was cool. It didn’t bother me one bit. Stephenie Meyer won. I can’t hate her success in any way, shape, or form. People always look for something to latch onto. Next go around? It will the Shades of Gray movies.
7. Who would have ever thought that Hostess would try what they are doing with their striking workers?
This is what happens when you have a union and people demand more/better. Some will badmouth unions. Others will badmouth the company. In the end, you have to ask yourself: should the workers deserve better or not. That is my take on it.
8. Mentioning things that make you go Hmmmm. What happened to C + C Music Factory?
You know how groups continue to make music whether the world hears it or not? They strive to either stay relevant, find that next hit, or appease their fans? That is probably their fate. Oh, plus one of the original producers died a while back.
9. Is Disney really that greedy that they had to buy Lucas Films and start production on 3 More Star Wars movies?
It is as if they didn’t pay attention. Episodes 1-3 are something I desperately try to forget about. In many respects, they were sanitation on a sweltering Sunday: hot garbage.
10. Why am I being a hypocrite with my question above knowing damn well I will see all three new Star Wars movies?
You choose to keep hope alive like Jesse Jackson. I can’t blame you.
11. What happened to Laura (Kellie Shaygne Williams) from Family Matters?
Well, she got married and has a daughter. Besides that, she created the Kellie Williams Program for D.C. Youth. Hey, as I always say: life is about moving on. Then again, it isn’t that hard to move on if you are collecting royalty residuals.
12. Will Arsenio Hall’s new late night talk show be any good?
Man, your guess is as good as mine. I just hope he takes the old format that he did before: hilarious and musically ground breaking.
13. Isn’t the world really turning on top if his head when Elmo is getting caught up in sex scandal?
Human sexuality is a strange creature. It puts you in peculiar situations (depending upon one’s occupation). Did he do it? I don’t know for sure. The odds are against him. But, Kinsey wasn’t a fool when he came out with his sexuality scale.
14. Is Donell Jones’ “Where I Wanna Be” NOT the best song to use to break up?
Yep. But Wale does make great break up songs for hip hop heads.
15. Since Barack Obama can’t be re-elected will he finally turn over a table on a Republican House of Representatives?
Obama and the Republicans will stay at odds. He’s a black man. That is the main strike against him starting out. THEN, you have the nerve to come up with policies that will upend some of wealthy America’s comforts? No, buddy. Obama has moved past Chuck D as Public Enemy #1.
16. Will God bless Notre Dame with a National Championship?
All they have to do is beat USC (which is highly possible) and rest up. After that, they play whomever they need to play. The better question: will they perform how they need to perform to get something they have a great chance of earning?
17. How many women were played Jodeci’s “Forever My Lady” in 92 by their man when they were pregnant?
I know Mary J. Blige was. But look at how that situation turned out.
18. Who remembers how to do the Urkel Dance?
I try to avoid everything related to Urkel. The end.
19. Why are people trippin’ off Eddie Murphy having a white woman on his arm at his Tribute Ceremony?
To be honest, people don’t have anything else better to do.
20. Who would have thought that Nicki Minaj would have her own perfume?
In this age of 360 deals and over-saturation through commercialization, Nicki Minaj attaining a perfume is the expected. Come on now. You can’t think she makes that corny dance music for the sake of true artistry? Naw. She wants to be hip hop’s Lady Gaga. Well played, Orinika. Well played.
21. How many people won’t just say they are thankful this Thanksgiving but act like they are thankful?
Well, that depends on what is attained during Black Friday.
22. Why are we under the delusion that love is supposed to be comfortable?
Our society always seeks “the desired effect”. We want everything to be easy. Better yet, we like to go down the “more predictable path of success”. What people fail to realize is that anything worth having has to be worth working for.
23. How much of an a-hole is Papa John’s owner John Schnatter over the Affordable Health Care Act?
A big, fat, dirty one. Think about it: how do people with that much money chose to nut up over increased health care? You, as a rich businessman, won’t be going to the poor house. It just won’t happen. Doing all this to keep your money, or your investor’s money, in your pockets? It is pretty damn shameful.
24. Was he ever more than “Just a Friend” ?
Hell, Biz Markie became an international DJ. He is probably too busy collecting groupies and staying away from weight loss shows.
25. Do black men without facial look like rapists?
Naw. But we do look pretty damn odd.